What to Bring to Circle Tree Ranch
In order that you come prepared and know what to expect, Circle Tree Ranch has compiled the following information that will be helpful in planning for your residential treatment experience.
- Dress for therapy should be casual, comfortable, and in good taste. Sturdy, outdoor, rugged clothing is recommended for practicality and comfort on our 60-acre ranch.
- Appropriate attire includes jeans, casual slacks, polo shirts or sport shirts, skirts and casual dresses that are knee-length or longer, jogging suits, and appropriate-length shorts such as Bermuda/walking shorts (covering 3/4 of the thigh).
- Flat-soled comfortable walking shoes or tennis shoes are appropriate. Boots or shoes with a sturdy sole and heel are recommended. Shoes and/or slippers must be worn outside your room.
- Lightweight jackets and sweaters are recommended for eveningwear year-round. A heavier coat or jacket is recommended for winter months.
- Open shirts, swim wear, running shorts etc. are allowed only for recreational and fitness activities and are considered inappropriate for therapy, meals, or meetings. Please do not bring form-fitting clothing, including Lycra tights or biking shorts.
- Bathing suits for women must be one-piece, without high-cut legs or revealing tops. Bathing suits for men must be the boxer-type.
- No low-cut tops, blouses with spaghetti straps, or tank tops. Bare midriffs are unacceptable. Jeans and clothing must not have suggestive tears or cutouts.
- Clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gambling, or any clothing deemed inappropriate by faculty is not allowed.
- Wearing of undergarments is required.
- We recommend that you bring a limited amount of clothing (limit 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on). Laundry facilities, including supplies, are available for patient use. Irons and ironing boards are accessible, but we suggest that wash-and-wear clothing will be more convenient. Dry cleaning services are not available.
- Insurance card.
- Personal bedding, pillows, blankets although bedding is provided upon arrival.
- Sunglasses and hat or visor. (Sunglasses are to be worn outside only)
- It is important that you advise your Intake coordinator of all medications you are currently taking. Include the name of the medication, the dosage and frequency administered, as well as the name of the physician who prescribed the medication. Please bring a 30-day supply of the medication in the appropriately labeled prescription bottle. Remaining medications will be returned upon discharge. Each resident’s medical provider will manage medication through Circle Tree Ranch's pharmacy supply. Please do not bring over-the-counter medications (i.e., Advil, Tylenol, etc.), vitamins, herbs, or nutritional supplements.
What To Leave At Home
Upon arrival at Circle Tree Ranch your property will be searched and inventoried. This is done in order to keep you and the Circle Tree Ranch addiction treatment community safe. Items that are inappropriate will be disposed of or sent home. You may keep all other personal belongings within space limits.
Please do not bring the following:
- Cash, credit cards or personal checkbooks.
- Non-prescription medications (i.e., Advil, Tylenol, etc.), vitamins, herbs, or nutritional supplements.
- Excessive or expensive jewelry.
- Radios, MP3 Players, iPods, CD players, CD's, DVD's, TV, cellular phones, laptops, electronic address books, audio/video equipment, or cameras.
- Pornographic or inappropriate reading materials.
- Shoe polish, soap, detergent, or bleach, glass items, straight razors, razorblades, or pocketknives.
- Illegal substances or mood-altering drugs.
- Firearms and/or supplies.
Our policy is that students will be told of our goal to support them in becoming nicotine-free. Smoking on campus is not permitted.