|Recovery and Native American Traditions at Circle Tree Ranch
Native American traditions have symbolically been a part of the Circle Tree Ranch culture, ceremony and curriculum for over two decades. Amity’s Circle Tree Ranch residential alcohol and drug rehabilitation center has provided extremely successful addiction treatment options for Native Americans in Arizona and throughout the Southwest for twenty years. Circle Tree Ranch provides Arizona alcohol rehabilitation and drug treatment services to traditionally underserved populations in our community. Our alcoholism and addiction treatment services integrate a tapestry of cultural traditions with therapeutic community principles and evidenced-based practices. Together these methods promote healing and awaken a desire and commitment to improve our quality of life.
At the core of all of our alcohol and substance abuse treatment programs is the belief that recovery is a holistic healing process inclusive of the mind, body, and spirit. Our “whole person recovery” is designed to promote healthy living and recovery from alcoholism or chemical dependency for all students at Circle Tree Ranch. Learning and healing experiences essential to personal growth and the alcoholism and addiction recovery process unfold within the community. Circle Tree Ranch residential rehabilitation services offer culturally relevant treatment honoring the values, traditions, and strengths exemplified by Native American traditions. Specifically, our curriculum includes the diverse cultural expressions of Native American tribal communities, and the shared concepts of earth medicine, the four directions of the medicine wheel, wellness, balance, respect, honor, and re-gaining of personal dignity. Our enchanting 50 acre wilderness ranch facility provides a peaceful environment which fosters a regard for Mother Earth, and facilitates addiction recovery. Circle Tree Ranch is nestled in the Tanque Verde Valley located near the edge of the Saguaro National Park and a short drive from the fabulous Mount Lemmon recreational area.
Circle Tree Ranch residential alcohol and substance abuse rehabilitation center has contracts within a circle of Native American community support agencies, including various tribal and urban Native entities. An ongoing goal of our community is to strengthen these relationships, and continue to provide Arizona alcohol and drug rehabilitation services, and quality addiction treatment for Native Americans throughout the country. Our various alcohol and substance abuse treatment programs and curriculum for all students include the following:
- Native American spiritual focus with the use of ceremony including Talking Circles and a weekly traditional Sweat Lodge on site at our facility.
- Curriculum and group therapy that addresses substance abuse, anger, domestic violence, self-esteem, depression, trauma, family dynamics, and relational issues.
- Lodge circles, use of the Medicine Wheel, music, arts, and storytelling.
- An emphasis on cultural strengths of Native Americans, Native Spirituality, nature, balance, wellness, cultural identity, strengthening families, and the shared history of trauma, oppression, and discrimination.
- For students from tribal communities we offer culturally appropriate placement and referrals for after care services.