Why Choose Amity Circle Tree Ranch?
Amity Circle Tree Ranch offers an alternative to traditional alcohol and drug addiction treatment and rehabilitation programs. Our holistic approach to drug and alcohol recovery addresses not only the drug or alcohol addiction, but other factors which may contribute to substance abuse, including dual diagnosis. Circle Tree Ranch utilizes a curriculum which addresses abuse, trauma, grief, domestic violence, dysfunctional families, loneliness, failure, and other issues which often lead to addiction.
Circle Tree Ranch, an Amity Foundation Teaching and Therapeutic Community, provides addiction treatment services unlike other drug and rehab centers. Some key ingredients or assumptions of our Teaching and Therapeutic Community include:
- Services provided for a myriad of individual needs.
- Whole person approach and community oriented.
- Provides a culturally sensitive and responsive safe haven.
- Incorporation of thematic workshops or retreats.
- Integration of community activities to motivate spirit — daily community gatherings, recreational activities including hiking and barbeques, open houses, ceremonies and celebrations, graduations, and more.
- Emphasis placed on peer accountability and mutually supportive relationships.
- Comprehensive integrated “cutting edge Modalities”.
- Acknowledgement in the form of affirmation and encouragement.
- Inclusion of individuals who traditionally are marginalized, excluded, or otherwise lack necessary community support.
- Faculty serve dual roles as positive role models and counselors.
- Habilitation versus Rehabilitation.
- Faculty reflect the student population to facilitate understanding and interpersonal relationships versus case-load assignments.
- Skill development through jobs and roles versus hierarchal structure.
- Sanctuary versus confrontation.
- Inclusion of innovative teaching methods and activities to a diverse population.
- Emphasis on the similarities and differences between wide ranges of cultures.
- Development of both talking and listening skills.
- Flexibility – community folds around the person, and changes to keep current and innovative.